Wonders of the Universe 2 Wonders of the Universe 2

Absolutely loved it.

Another excellent episode. I look forward eagerly to more Wonders of the Universe. Really quite hilarious, and I especially enjoyed the multiple references to the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy in this one (namely the theme tune being sung in the shower, the towel, and of course the title of the episode).

STFU v.9000 is also rather hilarious.

Toonwerks responds:

Motley didn't think anyone would get the reference either! So he's pleasantly surprised. :)

Siblings Untitled 01 Siblings Untitled 01

Hmmm.....

A secret message, eh?

Well that did waste a lot of my time. It's OK though, because I got over it. Using levitation!

...Well trying to... I jumped out of a window and broke both my legs, but it was sure as hell worth a laugh.

BiteyCastle Christmas BiteyCastle Christmas

Very, Very nice!

That was some excellent animating, the voice acting was nice too, and Santa was just freaky... he reminded me of the old guy in Aladdin. Very well animated, excellent for two days work. I'm sure there's no need to say this but: keep up the amazing standard!

chluaid responds:

thanks :D

Ongaku Ongaku

Didn't realise this was on Newgrounds.

I bought a copy of this at the MCM Expo in October. Didn't realise it was a flash game at all! Nice game, a bit of fun to play, and a good way to kill some time. The note timings seem to be a bit unforgiving, though, but on the whole, a good game.

I would recommend the newer, non-flash version, though, that was a lot of fun.

DJManiax DJManiax

Excellent game.

Bloody brilliant is all I can say. I spent a lot of time testing this, and a couple of my top scores have been broken.

A lot of them haven't, though, since I 100%'d at least 6 songs, so once I get back to my regular computer (on holiday and stuck with a laptop at the moment), prepare for some epic scores ;D.

Anyway, epic game, a couple of bugs, etc, but Taro already knows about these. Like I'd ever let him forget.

If you can't do the harder songs, don't give up. You don't have to start at the top, just practice a bit. The difficulty ratings at the bottom give a very good indication of the actual difficulty of a song. Just because it's on the crazy channel doesn't mean it's harder than a different song on the standard channel.

A second one might be kind of awesome, by the way. Just throwing it out there.

TaroNuke responds:

QUIT YOUR WHINING

New Expert's Guide to NG! New Expert's Guide to NG!

A few inaccuracies...

For example, Batting Averages are no longer calculated, they are what they were at the start of the redesign. And mine is 4.34, which is higher than the supposed highest of 4.32.

Apart from little details like this, this seems to be a decent tutorial to show people the ropes, as it were. Nice attempt, gonna have to deduct a point or two for the inaccuracies I'm afraid.

highwatermark responds:

Yeah this flash is more than a year old really, I just had to submit the latest version which I worked on for quite a while. Sorry all.

Marissa Found The Thing Marissa Found The Thing

Aww... I was expecting Touhou...

Regardless, this piece was okay, but in my opinion the bass was a bit too harsh. It hurt my ears. It also didn't really go anywhere, staying more or less the same throughout the entire piece.

However, my speciality isn't really in this sort of music, so my comments may well be totally out of order, they are simply what I feel.

TomKay responds:

Thank you very much for your review Hoeloe! I take your critic and I will work on my audio mastering skills.

Molgera [Ocarina] Molgera [Ocarina]

I agree, too much reverb.

Far too much reverb on this. It's quite difficult to listen to. As well as that, the timings are rather erratic, and it doesn't stick to any sort of constant tempo, meaning that it sounds very jarring, since it's constantly slowing down and speeding up without any real reason. Fix these two things, and you'll have a fairly decent track.

Ocarina-Kid responds:

Thanks for the honesty and tips, appreciate it. Btw I'm a huge fan of your work, your remixes are beyond amazing man.

Zelda- Windmill (LDL) Zelda- Windmill (LDL)

The mastering is off...

The quality of the instruments is very variable in the piece. The strings sound okay, but the piano sounds very... I think MIDI is the only way to describe it. There's also no variation in the song, it just repeats exactly the same thing. Which is fine, to an extent, but, in my opinion, remixes should attempt to bring out the essence of the music, and thus use instruments and volume to, in this case, really get across the idea of an ebb-and-flow style, to reflect the turning of the windmill. This seems more... flat.

I know I'm not making much sense here, and it is my personal opinion, but I think this could be a lot better if some more work went into it.

Blockhead drawing Blockhead drawing

A work of pure genius.

You, sir, are among the best artists to have ever lived.

Eternal Law Eternal Law

Simply Brilliant.

Fantastic art, great lines, well coloured, and the inclusion of Easter Eggs, which are always fun. Nothing I can say criticism wise, simply perfect.

As for the Easter Eggs, I believe I see Link on the street below, and shortly ahead of him, I see Cloud. The other character in on the roof on the right hand side. Not Isaac, but Jak I believe.

Reisen Reisen

Loving it.

The lines are good on this piece, but it's the shading that really brings it out, particularly on the hair, fantastic work with the colours and lighting.
I'm a big fan of Touhou, and Reisen is one of my favourite characters, so I may be a little biased, but I think the artwork is utterly fantastic. Very well done.